Monday, September 14, 2009

Exploring a bit by myself

Today I set out to do a bunch of things since I only have one class. First we checked out the Foto Forniture Sabatini, the camera store. Its stressful to walk into a store where you aren’t adept in the language and nothing is priced. We found what we needed, but I’m nervous about going back to get film, because it is behind the camera. I need to learn a little more Italian.

After class Isabel took me to the art supply store because it is down an ally that I would probably never find. Then I set out to find Santa Maria della Vittoria to see the Bernini sculpture “Ecstasy of St. Theresa”. It took me a little longer than it should have thanks to the street signage or lack thereof. The church is amazing. I had a catholic moment and signed the cross. Its hard to take pictures, I didn’t want to use a flash like the other tourists that followed me in there.


Ecstasy of St. Theresa

Alter, crappy and blury. Maybe next time I'll just use a flash.


Cieling, detail was everywhere.

I sat down and considered going back to the residence or continue to explore. I got back on the metro and went to Villa Borghese. I had to take pictures for my photo class so I walked around the park there. I got some good pictures but my camera’s light meter is not really working (yay another expense). Keep you updated on that. Here are some pictures I quickly shot on my little camera.


view from top of piazza del popolo




around the villa

No comments:

Post a Comment