The pyramid of the Louvre from inside the Louvre
I'm not going to post all of the pictures of what I saw (there isn't enough space). But here are some...

Winged Victory, one of my favorite statues

Cupid and Psyche, another great statue

one of Michelangelo's Slaves
The Raft of Medusa by Géricault
And of course....

the Mona Lisa
here it is with some scale, it actually isn't that small, only compared to the other giant paintings.
THEN we went to the Musée d'Orsay, which I fell in love with obviously because of its collection of impressionists.

VAN GOTETHE!

Lautrec
Monet
Monet again
Renior

Degas
eh even though I think its a boring image Whistler's Mother
the museum is inside an old train station
even though its blury I like this one
Louvre at night
The next day we wandered around Montmartre because it was close to the hotel. We stopped at Starbucks for breakfast. I can't help it I'm addicted if there is a Starbucks in a city I have to go.

This one happened to be right across the street from the Moulin Rouge
We then hopped on the Metro and went to Versailles.
Chateau

Portrait of young Marie

Again its blury but I think its cool that each room is a different color
Me in the Hall of Mirrors

we couldn't escape Rome

Marie Antoinette's bedroom, they really only let you into a few rooms out of the many that are there
it was raining on and off but when we got outside the sky looked so cool
me in front of the gardens

when we got back to the city we went to Notre Dame again

this time we went inside
back of Notre Dame at evening
Cat and I decided to do dinner on the boat tour that takes you up and down the Seine. My favorite moment was when Edith Piaf's La Vie En Rose began to play.

the Eiffel Tower light up at night, crooked because I was on a boat
ahhh cupid and psyche is my favorite canova statue....i saw it in st. petersburg....but now i can see it again in paris! yay!
ReplyDelete